Parish Policy Statement on Safeguarding in the Church
St Michael’s Church Rossington Agreed by the PCC 2016
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that everyone may be regarded as vulnerable at some point in their lives.
- As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well – being in the life of the church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice to those in position of trust.
- The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people, and to report any such abuse we suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
- The Parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Sarah Maughan to be their safeguarding officer. Tel: 07581006636